Monday, June 11, 2012

The Bus

This week is bible study week at First Baptist Church for Olivia’s building.  For those that got their permission slips signed, they get to go on a bus to the church and do singing, dancing and bible study.  Olivia was so excited about taking the bus all weekend, it was all she talked about.

We put Olivia down for sleep like normal Sunday night and she was very good because she knew if she was not, she would not get to ride the bus with the other kids.  Around 10:30 I headed back to put her on the potty as I usually do, when I noticed she was soaked.  She had peed the entire bed.  I had to turn on the light and wake her up, and she was shaking a lot because she was cold.  Right about the time I had the sheets ripped off and Olivia undressed to give a quick shower, Jake started shrieking, and Brooke was in the shower.  I started the bath, then gave Jake a pacifier, then went back to help Lee.  In the mean time, Brooke had to come out of the shower with conditioner in her hair to help settle Jake down while I rinsed a shivering little Lee down in the tub.  It was a disaster.  Once we got Lee back in bed, I was able to take Jake so Brooke could finish her shower.

In the morning, I had to wake Olivia up because she was so tired from the night’s experiences.  She was very excited though, knowing it was bus day.  We got all packed up and pulled into school and started walking in the door, but one of the buses was ready to go and they called Lee over to get on that bus.  Lee looked confused when I told her to just get on the bus and I would put her backpack away for her.  It was out of her normal routine, but she snapped out of it and ran happily to the bus.  I put her backpack in her locker and was able to follow get back in my car as the bus was pulling out.  I followed the bus all the way until I had to pull into work. I hope she has fun this week!!  Tomorrow will be less hectic, she will know what to expect.

IMAG0137

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Can't wait to hear how her day went!

Grandma said...

Can't wait to hear how her day went!