Last night we packed up one of Olivia's toys for good. Her little mat that she lays on and plays with. She has become a situp girl now and is either sitting up on the ground with her toys or bouncing in her jumparoo. All the toys you see around her were once in a pile in front of her. She plays with them then puts them right at the end of arms reach, hence the little arc surrounding her. Such a big girl. She has been sleeping through the night every night now (which I hope doesn't change after her next round of shots.)I have also learned that I am at risk of being one of those parents that wont let go. Olivia has started being able to hold her own juice bottle when she goes down for a nap. I let her hold it the first time, then felt sad that she could do it and realized that she didn't need me to help her hold it every time. Now I wish that I hadn't let her so she could depend on me to hold it for her. Oh well, I guess there will be many more of these moments to come for me.
1 comment:
aaaahhh. You are feeling the "pains" of parenting. They are happy pains tho. And you can still be there for her even tho she is holding it herself. And she will never be totally independent from you. You two are great parents and you all will always be close.
And look at her sittinhg there like a big girl! What fun.
Love, g'ma.
Post a Comment