Last night I was planning on doing my normal routine of carrying Olivia to the potty for a final pee before I go to bed. She is impossible to wake up, so to keep her out of diapers, we put her on the potty in the middle of the night to get her empty so she can make it the rest of the way. About 10 minutes before I was going to go in, we heard her talking about how her belly hurt. She wasn’t calling us, but sort of talking to herself. I decided since she was sort of awake, that would be a good time to get her. I went in and started asking if she wanted to sit on the potty, but didn’t get a coherent response, then she started getting mad and crying. I decided to let her fall back asleep and I would get her in another half hour. She never settled down so Brooke went in to soothe her. Things just got worse. Brooke tried to get her out of bed to rock with her but Livi just went ballistic, screaming, hitting her face, kicking and rolling on the floor. She would calm down a little, and we would ask what she wanted, which would send her into another fit. We were seriously worried she was having seizures. Any touch or word from us would send her over the edge, she was speaking gibberish and crying and thrashing. We had to pull her away from the bed so she would not hit her head or hands on the edge. Near the very end, I turned on the hall light to be able to see better and maybe snap her out of it, she then screamed, stood up, ran down the hall, turned off the light, then ran back into the room and laid on the floor again crying. After about 10 minutes (I think??) Brooke was able to get Olivia to agree to lay in our bed for a while.
After Livi got in our bed, it was like a switch went off in her head. She was smiling and everything was back to normal. We all went out and watched some cartoons in the living room to get her tired again, then were able to get her back to bed. She fell asleep right away and there were no more problems. In the morning, she was her old sweet Lee again. But last night, it was like watching The Exorcist. She was some kind of wild animal, and it was pretty scary to us. It was not our little Lee lying on the floor, but something else. I hope this doesn’t become a normal occurrence. We shall see.
Here is some video of the sweet Lee we know singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to Jake to calm him down.
1 comment:
Such a good little helper with her baby brother!
Night terrors are NO fun!
Post a Comment