Today, when we got in the car, there was a tiny moth on Olivia’s book when I handed it to her. We both laughed about it and it flew off and around the car a bit and Livi loved it. 15 minutes into the ride Oliva started shrieking and crying and going crazy saying there was a bug. I told her that she liked the bug earlier, but she was screaming at me to get it off her seat. Since I was on the highway there wasn’t much I could do, but I asked where it was. Livi said it was on her car seat by her head, so I said to just shoo it away. After things calmed down a bit I had to get some video of the aftermath.
She had a second breakdown at school, because she was thinking about the bug, and then Ms. Margaret asked what was wrong and that just fuel Livi’s fire for cry attention. I walked her in and Ms. Dot gave her a hug but she was still crying when I left.
About 10 minutes after I got to work, my phone rang with her school’s number on caller ID, and I got very worried that she was still uncontrollable, but it was just Ms. Margaret calling to let me know that they put some music on for Lee and sat with her while they filled out some paperwork and that Lee had totally calmed down and was back to normal. What a start to the day!! I love this school thought that they thought to call me and let me know that she settled down.
4 comments:
That little cry face just breaks my heart! What if it WAS a dangerous bug, Daddy?
That little cry face just breaks my heart! What if it WAS a dangerous bug, Daddy?
What a face! G... you would freak out too if you were strapped into a chair and caterpillars attacked you in broad daylight! I laughed the hardest when she was checking to the left and right for the moth. This was a good one!
@Steph, that was my favorite part too, when she looks over both shoulders. And you are right, being strapped in a chair when "catapaaaalar bugs" come at you would not be too fun.
Post a Comment