New developments. As I was sitting Sunday morning entertaining my little fat-cheeked bean on the floor, I witnessed her crawl up to the rocking chair, grab the first rung, pull up, then grab the second run, pull up, then grab the seat and stand up. After a second, she did the Nestea Plunge right back into my arms. It was her first pull-up. I was so excited, until I thought about the ramifications. Lets see, bookshelf shelves, tables, vacuum cleaners, vases, dogs. Great, more baby-proofing. Oh well, at least she is making progress. The rest of the day was spent with her crawling up to me while I was sitting on the floor and grabbing my shirt and pulling herself up to my eye level and smiling at me as if to say "see what I can do", it was very cute.Because of this I had to lower her crib mattress so she cant pull up too far in the crib. This now presents a new problem for Brooke since Olivia is now deep in the crib. But at least she has her stool by the crib to help her get Olivia in and out.
I have also seen a new game Olivia likes to play. Olivia crawls to the other end of the room and turns and looks at me. I then get her little round toy that has beads in it and spin it around like a top so it makes noise and she immediatly starts moving her arms until it stops. Then she sits there and looks at me. I then will spin it again and she will start moving her arms in an excited motiong again, until she gets bored and wants to crawl and explore. Such a big girl. Oh, and Lulu better watch out now, because the days of her getting in while Olivia is defensless laying on her back are over!! The stalker now becomes the stalked as seen in the above picture!
1 comment:
Poor Lu - it's a whole new world now!
Post a Comment