Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Self Propelled "Furniture"

I feel bad. This morning I was more tired than normal, didn't get enough sleep so during my normal routine of wake Olivia, change Olivia, feed Olivia, feed dogs, let dogs out, wash baby bottle, etc, etc. (I am getting exhausted just reading this list!!) I made a mistake. Setting Olivia down on the floor and going and washing out her bottle, I headed back into the dining room to log the amount of formula she drank. As I walked out of the kitchen I caught a glimpse of Lulu's tail by the couch, and since Lulu is never more than 2 feet from Olivia, my mind just assumed she was with our little "O". Well I turned the corner of the table and my shin came in contact with a hard object that I would normally assume was Zoe's head. It was not, it was my baby's little head. That is when the crying started, from Olivia as well as me. I felt so bad, it was a good whack to the head with my shin. She didn't cry too long. My hugging and bouncing may have helped a little but I knew all was ok after she caught a glimpse of Lulu near my feet and she started her normal "there is my puppy" laugh through her tears. So even though I cant get her to stop crying, at least I know the dogs can.

On another note, I am including a picture from Olivia's first play date with the daughter of one of the professors here. This was from a few weeks ago, but fun to look at either way. Notice that Olivia has the stuffed animal. She loves her stuffed animals!!

2 comments:

Sheri Pequeno said...

Don't you just hate when that happens? I'm glad there was no permanent damage, either for you or O. We can sympathize. Tommy stepped on Wilson yesterday morning - just didn't know he was there! It hurt Wilson's feelings but he got over it too, probably faster than Tommy did.

Gerhard said...

Wilson can forgive Tommy for stepping on him, but can he forgive you for letting Lulu into your home?