Yesterday was another shopping day. This time the whole family went. I needed new shorts and Brooke has still been unproductive in her clothes buying. With school soon approaching, she needs to get her wardrobe in order.
We got in the car and headed to Greenville. We also have recently gotten a portable DVD player to make car rides easier for Livi as she hates being in the car these days, so today was our test. All was well for the entire ride, Livi drank her milk, only had 2 spoons of yogurt, a few cookies and a grape and watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua. She didn’t seem too hungry much to our surprise, but enjoyed watching the movie. When we turned into the mall parking lot, livi went into puke mode for some reason. Everything she ate and more came back up, and would not stop. Very luckily, Brooke had outfitted her with a pocketed bib because I was going to feed her blueberry yogurt and that stains if it gets on her clothes. The pocket did a great job at catching everything.
After we pulled into a parking space, Brooke grabbed the bib and emptied it in the parking lot and I got to work on her face with the wipes. We got her pretty well cleaned up (except for a lingering smell) and put the bib in a plastic bag on the top of the car for after we were done shopping (we didn’t want the car to stink.)
The rest of the day she was fine shopping. She was bored and annoyed with it by the end, but no more than I get after a few hours of shopping. We were hungry so decided to give P.F. Changs a try, knowing that if Livi was bad, we could always pack up and get our order to go. Livi was actually pretty good through dinner considering she had been in a stroller and car seat for the past 4 hours and now in a highchair.
On the way home, I resumed Beverly Hills Chihuahua for her. Now, we decided to do it with out sound on, because we wanted radio and we didn’t want her getting used to having sound incase we were ever anywhere that we needed to be quiet but needed her entertained (not sure how headphones would work with her yet.) Now, the crazy part was as we were driving along, Olivia started saying “no mas, no mas” which is a part in the movie when all the Chihuahuas get together and say they wont be treated as little ornaments anymore and they all yell “no mas.” I figured there was no way she was identifying with that part of the movie especially since there was no sound. I looked back at the screen and sure enough, the “no mas” Chihuahua was on. I don’t know whether to be proud that she learned that on her own, or ashamed that she actually watched it so much that she learned it on her own. Like Brooke said, we really need to get some education videos now that she will mimic.
No comments:
Post a Comment