Since Olivia’s birthday is fast approaching and everyone will be getting together, I wanted share some Livi-speak with everyone so you won’t be confused when she talks to you.
1- Chicken: She likes to throw out the word chicken for no reason in sentences. Don’t be alarmed, there is most likely not a chicken around, nor has she been playing with a chicken.
2- Peas: If she asks for puppies peas, please don’t give her her stuffed animal and a bowl full of peas. She does not want any peas, this is just the way she says please. And thankfully she uses this word A LOT!!
2- sim-ee: This took quite a while to figure out. She would stand at the baby gate outside our home office when I would get home from work and be changing out of my work clothes and she would just keep saying over and over sim-eee peas… sim-eee peas… I racked my brain trying to see what in the room looked like a sim-eee. Then it hit us, a few times when I got home from work and she would stand at the gate crying I would say “want to come see me?” and lift her up into the office. So, sim-eee means “lift me over the gate so I can come see YOU…(see me)” Actually, more like “Lift me over the gate so I can terrorize the office and get into things I shouldn’t but I will act like I want to be with you just to get my way”
3- Gorgeous: I know you would normally be flattered if Olivia came up to you and said gorgeous, but in this case, for Olivia, it means garbage. She will typically come up to you with something dirty or gross and say gorgeous peas.
4- Moneys: Don’t worry, she is not being greedy if she approaches you and says moneys peas continually. She just wants her bunny. She can’t get the “Bu” sound down, so it is “Mu” instead. I have worked with her on this and said “bu bu bunny” emphasizing the “bu” sound, so what did she do? She said “bu moneys”. Perfect “bu” sound, but followed up with moneys. She just doesn’t get the point yet. I have a feeling that even if I did get her to say bunnys and not moneys, that in about 10 years the whole “moneys please” will be returning with a vengeance.
5- Plural: Well, she doesn’t know the word plural, but you will find that everything she has or wants in plural. Again, not that she is greedy, it just comes out that way. Moneys, grapes, puppies, etc, it is all plural.
6- Waamaa: Watermellon. Only her favorite fruit. And yes, it stains. She must wear a bib when eating waamaa. I have learned this the hard way with a brand new shirt of hers. It is a daddy thing I guess.
7- Mana: Banana. Typically followed by “hold it” because she does not like eating a banana from anyone else’s hand but her own.
8- Reba: AKA Olivia
9- Ice: Her little fruity ice popsicles that she occasionally gets for dessert.
So hopefully this has caught you up on some simple ways to communicate with Olivia. Oh, and remember, she may not pronounce a lot of words correctly, but rest assured that if you use any profanity or words you don’t want her to know, she will repeat them with perfection. There will be questioning what she is saying in that case!
Here is a quick video of some of her babbling right before bed. This is the time she gets the most talkative. Video quality is bad because it was dark, but I mostly recorded this for the audio.
1 comment:
We just can't wait!!
g'ma & g'pa
Post a Comment