One of Olivia’s personality traits is that she is not a morning person. This can be observed in many ways. I am usually first in the firing line when I go in to get her in the morning. I will wait until I see her standing on the baby monitor. I will not go in until she is standing because before that time it is way too early. After standing I know that I have a shot of getting her out of bed in an OK mood. Typically she will cry or throw a fit as soon as I pick her up and put her on the changing table. The morning will get better once she gets out and gets her milk.
Getting dressed can be touch and go. Typically she doesn’t like it, but she is getting better. Brushing her teeth has added a new dynamic to her bad mood mornings. She now does not like it at all, not at night or in the morning.
When Olivia gets to school, the other kids are usually sitting at the table waiting for their toast, she normally one of the last ones there since we don’t need to drop her off too early. She will walk into the room, stand in front of the two tables and wave her arm with a “uuuhhhh” sound and say “No Looking, No Looking!!” or other times if they say hi she responds “No Talking!!” Ms. Carolyn (her “teacher”) will always say “Ok you all, you know Olivia doesn’t like being talked to in the morning.” Such a little prima donna. Already setting her own rules at school. Ridiculous… She probably has the contract for the lead in the movie Mean Girls 2 when it comes out.
3 comments:
im pretty sure she gets her hatred of mornings from me!
ps - that is Olivia's official fake smile...lovely, isn't it?
Those "two's" are the funnest times! LOL
She is definitely going to be the "leader"; not the follower. Love the teacher and how she handles it!
g'ma
Post a Comment