Olivia is growing up too fast (though she should have been in this a lot earlier.) Olivia had her first night and first nap in her ‘big girl’ bed. We converted her crib by taking off one of the sides. She was so excited when I did it. The first step was that I took the side off the crib before we left for Greenville to get a guard for the side and go to dinner. Suddenly we had a little leverage, we told her while we were out and she was misbehaving that we would make her bed a baby bed again if she didn’t act like a big girl. It worked pretty well. When we got home, Brooke bathed her and I put the guard together and on the bed. Olivia started throwing a fit before bed and I walked into her room with the old side of the crib and said that I was going to put it back into a baby bed, she went ballistic, crying and screaming and saying NO!!! It shocked us both that she reacted so strongly to not having a big girl bed.
After all the fussing about wanting a big girl bed, she was scared to go in at first that night. I rocked her twice and she finally accepted going into the bed. I think she was kind of scared. At first she said she wanted the baby bed back and didn’t want the guard on it, but she was ok after a bit. She slept all night just fine. I was up in the morning before her and saw her wake up. She woke up and laid around for a bit, the put her legs over the side and on the stool, but then pulled them back up and stayed in the bed until I got her. She was very proud of the fact that she stayed in bed. I am sure that won’t last but at least for now she is happy.
Sunday afternoon was her first nap in the bed, and she did great as well. She went right to sleep (she was tired and getting over a little cold) and when she woke up, she called for Brooke to get her rather than exit the bed herself. Such a big girl!!
3 comments:
What a pretty big girl bed! And what a cute big girl!!
G'ma
Such a big girl! So proud that she could get her puppy by herself!
She is soooo big!
Love this video!
Post a Comment