Friday, July 9, 2010

Her First Real Birthday Party (as a guest)

Thursday marked the day that Olivia attended her first real birthday party for a friend.  Elli turned two years old and Olivia was invited to a kids “pool” party.  There were two blowup pools, one with a mini slide into it.  Olivia didn’t really enjoy the water too much, but did get to a point of liking to walk in it.  She did not like sitting in it though.  It is fun watching Olivia with other kids.  She is actually kind of a loner.  She can spend time with the others, but really seems to prefer playing by herself or just exploring alone.  Not sure why, but that is how she is.

Olivia got Elli an Elmo doctor set (that we will probably get Livi soon) and Elli seemed to love it.  She even gave Olivia a big hug to say thanks!

ElliHugs

Then all the kids got home made ice cream on a stick.  Olivia got her own and LOVED it.  I think brain freeze was involved, but she didn’t care, she loves her ice cream.  Here is the progression of her eating the ice cream:

Starts out OK

DSC_5529

But the bottom half fell off the stick DSC_5530  

DSC_5531 DSC_5532 DSC_5533

Back in the mouth DSC_5534

  Too cold, so it is coming back outDSC_5536 She spit it out, it is lying on the floor again DSC_5537 Brain FREEZE sets in!!!DSC_5538

Olivia’s first party was a success.  I think she had lots of fun.  We were even able to go out afterwards for dinner.  Livi’s Second birthday is coming up soon, and we are trying to decide what to do for it.  We have some planning to do.

Did you notice Livi is the only one kissing the dog.

EllieBday1 EllieBday2 EllieBday3 EllieBday4

4 comments:

Auntie Stephie said...

CUTE!!!

Aunt Gail said...

So cute to see her with her little friends. When we are in FL together we will hit lots of ice cream places!
By the way...who is the dude with the cool leg tatoos??

Gerhard said...

We don't know the tattoo guy. He was a friend of the parents of the birthday girl.
Also, now that it is getting close, we need to all refrain from visit comments since Kirsten will probably look at the blog when she is in FL and so far us coming is still a surprise :-) up until now, I haven't worried too much because I know she does not have Internet access. We are all getting excited. It is getting CLOSE!!

g'ma g'pa said...

What a cute party and what a sweet friendship Lee and Elli have. That last photo in the series of the two of them is precious. Pictures are better than a 1000 words!
Yes, I have been concerned about Kir seeing the blog too because of the references. I was wondering how I was going to reject any ideas of showing it to her before you all arrived!
As far as I know, it is still a surprise. I have been very careful and preferred not to talk to her at all these last couple of months. Our conversations have been limited. They are all so excited about coming to Florida---
Thanks for the great Blog, guys.
g'ma