Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2nd Snow Day

Work (and daycare) was closed for a second day in a row Tuesday.  Livi is feeling much better now and had fun being home again, though I think she probably misses her friends a bit too.

Some new words have been added to Olivia’s vocabulary.  Since she eats mini muffins in the morning now and then, she has learned the word “mini muffin.”  However, I once asked her if she knew the muffin man who lives on Drury Lane after I gave her one (and got a blank stare back) she then started asking me for “muffin man please.”  But it didn’t end there, she got watermelon for dinner a day or so later, and then watermelon became “watermuffin.”  So now we are never clear if she wants muffins or watermelon, but I typically will just go for the muffin when in doubt.

Today Olivia had me laughing so hard that I was laying on the floor and probably looked like I was crying, she just struck my funny bone with an inappropriate chain of events.  While I was laying there laughing, she came up to me and patted my back and said “it’s ok Daddy.”  It was very cute, I guess I looked like I hurt myself.

We have been playing hide-and-seek a lot lately (mostly her hiding in the same spot and screaming with excitement when I find her) and she really enjoys it.  I try and sneak away and hide if she is playing with something and then I will call her name and have her come and find me.  She loves it when she sees me, I may need to start hiding in more advanced places now.

Here is some video of one hide-and-seek session, though it was near the end and she was not as into it as normal.

1 comment:

g'ma g'pa said...

Come find Grandma, Livi!