Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Like Cake

Yesterday was a fun day for Livi.  We haven’t really gotten out to do anything since Christmas with all the stuff we have had going on recently from car shopping to work starting back up. 

DSC_9288First, going back a week, we finally got a new car, a Honda Pilot, and while we love the car, we are still dealing with a few final issues before we can relax.  We bought the car last Thursday evening, and they accepted our offer 1 hour before I needed to pick Livi up from daycare, and the car place was 1 hour away from home, so time was very tight.  I had to leave Brooke there to finalize the paperwork so I could rush home to pick up Lee.  Part of the offer was that they were to get us new floor mats and buff out a few scratches that were on the bumper and side door.  We knew we would have to bring the car back that Sunday so they could do all that work.

The next day, Brooke and I decided to clean both the cars since it was our last full day to be able to get work done around the house while Livi was in daycare.  About an hour into detailing the cars, her radio died.  She asked me if she killed the battery by having the radio on for so long and I said it was not possible unless the battery itself was bad.  She tried starting it and we definitely had a dead battery.  I called the car place and told them the battery was dead on the car we had less than 24 hour and they agreed to reimburse us for a new battery.  I had to run out and change out the battery before the stores all closed on New Year’s Eve.  Not a great start!

That Sunday, Brooke brought the car back to the dealership to drop it off and get the work done, and was told it would be ready Wednesday.  When she went to get the car, she was told that the floor mats were not in yet, but would be delivered to us on Thursday.  Thursday came and went, and when Brooke inquired about the mats, they said that they were shipped to the dealership accidently, but they were sending them right back out to us so we would get them Friday.  We had our fingers crossed.

On Friday I got a call from Brooke that the floor mats came in but didn’t fit.  When I got home I tried them as well and they were definitely wrong.  The floor mats were the correct ones, but this set had the grommet holes cut too far apart.  Again, a call to the dealership and they said to bring the car back in and they would look at it.  This brings us to out outing on Saturday.

Saturday we all woke up early in preparation to go to the dealership so they could see the mats and decide what to do.  We figured we would go to lunch afterwards and possibly Giggle Bugs (a different jump house place.)  The dealer agreed the mats were wrong (like I needed that clarification) and ordered yet another set for us.  Afterwards, we headed for Giggle Bugs, but when I looked them up they didn’t open for another 2 hours, so I called Monkey Joe’s which was actually closer to where we were and found they were open right now, so we headed there.  Olivia was such a good girl.  The DVD player (which we didn’t' have a chance to charge the night before) ran out 20 minutes into our trip and she didn’t fuss once about it.  We got to Monkey' Joe’s and brought her inside and you should have seen the big smile on her face.  After we paid, we set her down and she just started running everywhere.  She was like the energizer bunny.

Livi on one of the bouncy things at Monkey Joe’s

After about an hour, we decided it was time to eat, so we headed out to Olive Garden.  We got a table in the back right next to another family that had 3 kids, one that was having their 8th birthday part as we found out later.  We fed Olivia some ravioli that we brought with us while we waited for our food.  She didn’t seem interested in her ravioli, but was very interested in our Cesar’s salad, she loved that.  She also loved eating the breadstick with a fork.  She would use the fork to scoop bread out from the middle of the breadstick.

About the time we were half-way through our meal, the table next to us ordered a small birthday cake.  Brooke and I heard them order it (because we were 2 feet away from the table) and knew that Olivia would love it if they sang “Happy Birthday.”  As we were eating they brought out the cake and put it on their table, and that is when Olivia caught sight of it.  From then on, Livi’s attention was on the table behind her with the cake.  She kept turning around and saying “I like cake, I like cake” but in a nice way, not whining, just being happy and letting them know that she likes cake too.  It was embarrassing but neither of us can stop laughing about it thinking back on it.  She just kept staring at the table, it was like a switch was thrown on her and that table got all her attention.  After a few minutes the parents at the Birthday table cut a small piece for Olivia and gave it to her.  She loved it and started saying (with a full mouth) “I eat Birthday Cake” very loudly.  It was so funny, she does love her cake!!

When we got home, Olivia started showing signs of a cold and was running a temperature.  She seemed in good spirits, but definitely is getting sick again.  After we put her down for the night, Brooke ran to the store to get some groceries, and stock up for the impending snow storm that will be hitting us Sunday night, it is supposed to be a big one.  We will see and keep you informed.  Right now Livi is sitting watching “Spooky Show” (Nightmare Before Christmas) and is all snuggled up with her bunny and milk under that blanket.

DSC_9291

1 comment:

g'ma g'pa said...

Poor sick Livi. She sure has fun where ever she goes tho. And in her beautiful new "wheels"!! Love the color and the car. Have fun with it!
G'ama