Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Butterfly

It is a well known fact that Livi likes bugs.  She even asks to touch them most of the time, and yes, has eaten one or two.  But I wonder now if that is starting to change.  The other morning I changed her diaper and then set her on the floor to go get her milk, when suddenly a house centepede (harmless but ugly) ran in her path.  Livi immediately let out a “huhhhhhhhh”, put her arms out and walked backwards and said “worm Daddy.”  I swooped in and picked it up in a baby wipe (no way am I touching one of those) and allowed Livi to go on her way to her morning milk.  This is when I first realized maybe she is human, and maybe she does have some normal little girl in her after all.

The second incident that made me realize that maybe the fearless bug hunter was reaching the end of her career was her interaction with this butterfly.  Normally I will lift her up to a moth or something and she will touch it and laugh when it flies away.  Maybe she is brave because I am holding her.  She never did actually touch this butterfly, but wanted to.  We will see what the future holds for her relationship with bugs.

4 comments:

Auntie Stephie said...

LOVE IT!

Aunt Gail said...

Mother of God....look at the wings!
(Just for you, Brooke. :) xo)

mommy said...

thanks gail :)

Linda said...

That was great! She is talking so well; I actually understood her!

Such a little girl!