Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sick Again

Olivia continues to suffer from her new cold. Doctors believe she may have developed croup. They gave her a steroid shot that will open her airway up more so she doesn't cough so badly and gag herself. She seems to be happy most of the time, but is really having a hard time keeping anything down. Last night at dinner, after she ate some banana and toast, it all came back up in layers. First came the toast, then on second heave, the banana. Poor Livi, as we were lifting her from the highchair to clean her, she was grabbing toast off of the table and eating it before we got her in the air since she was so hungry. She hadn't kept anything down all day. For bed, she drank her whole bottle then fell asleep pretty quick. Luckily, she kept it down. She was getting so tired before bed time that she kept placing her burp cloth on the ground in the hall and using it as a pillow. It was sort of pathetic, but cute.

3 comments:

g'ma g'pa said...

Brooke, it sounds like you keep Livi and your house so clean that she just doesn't have a chance when she gets out around germs!

Hope she gets over this bout without getting mom & dad sick too.

G'ma

Aunt Gail said...

Poor, poor Livi! I know how she feels with that cough. I have to go on steriods when I get bad too...usually the pills, but they gave me a strong shot once too. The shot should help! Give her a hug and kiss from me!!

Sheri Pequeno said...

Poor Livi. So sorry that she's not feeling well. I hope the steroids just kick the nasty stuff out of her. I hope she gets better soon.