Monday, February 15, 2010

Grandpa's Visit

Grandpa Spatta came to visit us this weekend. Yes, he left my mom at home for Valentine's day to see his Granddaughter. I did have to double check with Grandma to assure that she was OK with this, because I know if I tried the same stunt with Brooke, there would be no chance of me being allowed to return home.
We had a good time and Olivia took to Grandpa after only about 10 minutes of her classic blank-faced shyness. Grandpa got a lot of good Olivia time in and we even got to Skype with mom for a little bit on Saturday.


Olivia loved Grandpa's necklace

Grandpa got to help read a bedtime story
Grandpa and Olivia playing with her stuffed animals

Saturday afternoon we went to Sheri's house to see the new baby chicks that she bought. Olivia seemed to really like them, but they were too fragile to touch. She did get to pet the back of one briefly and loved it. I would love to lay her in the middle of all of them and see what she would do, or better yet, what they would do.
Olivia's usual open mouthed "ahhhhhhhh" kiss

She wanted to touch them so bad

All the chicks huddled together


Grandpa surprised Olivia with a special Valentine's guitar when he arrived and sat and played it with her a little on Sunday before he left. Olivia now owns two guitars for those of you keeping count. I am not sure she has a choice about whether or not she will be playing someday. She actually liked strumming it while sitting on Grandpa's lap.








Olivia had a lot of fun playing the "Smelly Sock" game with Grandpa. She never quits!!



We all had a good time, and look forward to when Grandpa AND Grandma will be visiting on Easter. Maybe they will even be here in time for the PC Easter Egg hunt!!

4 comments:

Sheri Pequeno said...

Did I have a deprived childhood because nobody ever played the smelly sock game with me??? I think so. And how come you stopped when we all could have joined in a rousing chorus of the purse song? Looks Grandpa's visit was a real good time!

Gerhard said...

"Ready to go out I'll bring my purse along.. Grab my keys and bracelet, sing a little song" The song is burnt in my mind!!

Aunt Gail said...

What a fun visit for Grandpa Gary and for Livi!! I am glad that one of Grandpa's socks was not used...just kidding! Love the pic of Livi and Grandpa playing the guitar!! What a cool Valentine's guitar! I wish someone would have started me on an instrument when I was young.

Auntie Stephie said...

Smelly sock game was a hit!!!!
Way to go Gpa Spatta!