Monday, February 22, 2010

Old McDonald

Today we took Olivia to her first Farm. It was a very small farm located on Thornwell's campus (a local home for Children.) The farm is used to teach agriculture to the kids of Thornwell as well as the kids of the local school district. We saw goats, donkeys, pigs, bunnies, roosters and sheep. Olivia at first didn't seem as interested in the animals as we thought she would be, and was definitely scared of the pigs. She even ran to us to pick her up when they headed towards her. But after watching the animals for a while, she started paying attention and finally showing interest. I think her favorite was the goat who ate at the fence in front of her. More than anything, she just liked being outside and able to run run run!! And guess what, those camo-overalls came in quite handy!!

She wasn't sure what to think about the pigs

Olivia liked picking the flowers





Olivia loved watching the goats


She got a little more comfortable with the pigs as time went by



4 comments:

Aunt Gail said...

What a fun experience! Loved the piggies! Livi looked so cute in her overalls!!! She is so full of joy when she is outside...looking forward to more great videos as the weather warms up more.

Gerhard said...

I can't wait to get a picture of her on SKIS!!!! Or in my kayak this summer.

g'ma g'pa said...

It is so much fun watching her discover new things. She can go back to the farm over and over and will enjoy it, it looks like!

The camo overalls were perfect and she was adorable in them!

Just can't get enough of her!
g'ma

Steph said...

I love the long videos of Olivia experiencing new things!! I feel like I get to be there with you :) She sure loves the outdoors!!