Every morning the same routine. Here is a peek into my mornings, which begin around 7:30 (well, my morning really begins much earlier, but 7:30 is when it really matters.) I see on the monitor that Olivia is awake. Head into room and see her immediately reaching down for her toys that she inevitably threw on the floor when she woke up. Hand her the bunny that she usually says “no” to first, then hand her the other toy, then hand her the bunny that she is now ready for. She drops to the mattress on her belly. I rub her back and tickle her a bit until she is ready to stand up. She dances and walks around for a while then throws toys out again. When I think she is ready I reach for her to take her out and typically she throws a quick fit as she collapses back down (because she is not yet ready to exit her crib.) Wait for her to stand up again, go to pick her up again and usually by second time she is ready. Lay her on changing table while she cries like I am pulling her hair out. Once diaper is changed, set her on the ground and say “Go get your cup.” She run to living room to drink, but first must survey the area and see if anything new is there before she drinks. If all is normal, she drinks. Yep, every morning!! Welcome to my world.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How nice to have some constants in your life, especially like this!
What a great way to start the day!
She is adorable! And...have I told you lately what a good daddy you are?
I probably spoil her too much doing all that. I should just go in and pick her up regardless of what she thinks, but I can't resist that little smile and laugh when I am rubbing her back.
Nothing wrong with starting someone's day off with a delightful back rub! You are just spoiling her with regard to someday finding a husband who is so kind! :)
What a great way for both of you to start the day. Those first smiles in the morning are just for you and they are the best!
You are such a special daddy for her--she is one lucky little girl. (and that is not to say that Brooke isn't a great mommy--she's the best too! :)
g'ma & g'pa
Thanks Linda :)
Livi and I have a bedtime routine but we can't video it or she would freak out. Daddy is the AM and mommy is the PM....she gets spoiled all around! By the way, we are working on getting her to say mima, grandma, and grandpa!
Brooke,
I know you get the evening routine and I love the way you two have it worked out. So fun when she is sitting in the tub laughing and afterwards, getting lotioned up. You and G do have it really good!
Anything that sounds close to "grandma" is acceptable!! :)
Love, g'ma
Post a Comment