I knew it was happening, but didn’t realize it was today. I got to Young World with Olivia, walked into room 2 (where she usually stays, which is the step up from babies) and all the kids were sitting in their highchairs, and there were no spots available for Olivia. I stood there, playing back in my mind that Brook had told me that they were going to be starting Olivia in the bigger kid’s room soon, but was it today already? The lady in the room looked at me and so “oh, Olivia is in room 3 now, it is her first day.” I looked over at my still sick little girl, with little strands of hair stuck to her nose and eyes and tried to mask my nervousness for her. We walked into room 3 where about 10 kids were sitting at a rectangular table, all staring at Olivia and Me as we walked in. Behind the 10 kids were 3 kids in highchairs eating their toast. They looked out of place and I knew Olivia would be one of those weird kids too. I handed the new lady Livi’s milk cup and she pointed me to Olivia’s new cubby. A small tear welled up in my eye as I saw her cubby at the beginning of the cubby run. She was the new kid now. Starting a new room with new kids and a new “teacher” while kind of sick. Poor Livi. But on the other side of that, she enjoys older kids I think. She will also start learning about how to sit at a table and maybe even start talking more now that she is around older kids. We shall see. So good bye room 2. It was fun while it lasted. A new adventure awaits you now my little Lee. And you better behave because I don’t think those kids will be pushovers like your Dad.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats! That's great news...... "I'm a big kid now!"
Stay strong Daddy...she will "rule" Room 3 soon!
Go Livi!!
It's ok to be a little bit of a "push-over". That is what little girls need their daddies for!
g'ma
Can you believe how fast she's growing up? Pretty soon she'll be wanting your car keys. :)
Post a Comment