Tuesday, May 25, 2010

End Of Scary Movies

So Monday I had to take a 1/2 day at work because Brooke had a Dr. appointment and I needed to watch Olivia.  I wanted to put something on that Olivia would watch so I could get a little work done before I gave her my full attention and had just recorded Night At The Museum the day before because we heard good things about it (though I was hesitant because it looks pretty boring.)  She was NATMactually watching bits of it between sitting on my lap watching me type, or running into the sunroom to play in her tent.  Then she happened into the room right when the dinosaur bones came to life.

She was standing in front of the TV when the dinosaur roared and started chasing Ben Stiller in the hall.  Olivia immediately got a sad look on her face and slowly walked backwards all the way across the room while watching.  I got the remote and fast forwarded through the chase scene and resumed when the monkey was running around.  She liked that and went back to the TV and watched.  Then a fight broke out with some other characters and she again backed up across the room.

Up until this point I have watched some pretty scary movies and most of it seemed to go over Olivia’s head, but as of now, I think it is time to cut out the violence and creepy stuff.  It was fun while it lasted, but now it is time to switch to Discovery Channel or other programming like that.  Most of the stuff I have on is just background filler anyway.  Sorry Lee for exposing you to that, it will all be kittens, doggies and birdies from here on out.

YellowLivi

5 comments:

Auntie Stephie said...

She's starting to figure things out......scary!!

Aunt Gail said...

I guess I won't send that dinosauer skeleton model kit............but maybe the dancing monkey doll??

Sheri Pequeno said...

I vote for Dog Whisperer. Cesar is excellent with all the problem pooches. But really I guess it's more that he's good with their owners!

Mommy said...

Gail - she loooooooves monkeys, especially curious george!

g'ma g'pa said...

Poor little darling. It is quite a revelation when you realize she is actually understanding and being affected by what is on the tube. And to see her react in a fearful way has to tear out your heart! Yes, the birdies sound much more intersting than the dinosaurs! No Jurasic Park for Livi Lee!
g'ma