Lately, Olivia’s little words and phrases are expressing more meaning than usual. For example, this morning I was changing her diaper, and wiping her and she started whining like usual, but this time between whines, she kept saying “cold, cold.” Kind of cool to know why she is upset as opposed to just hearing the whining. She will also whine and point to her little scab on her knee and say “boo-boo.”
She still is not doing that great at letters and numbers, but is improving. Now I won’t say she doesn’t know them, rather, she just prefers not to say them. The reason I know this is if it is something she really likes, she picks it up fast. She loves to hang from my pullup bars and always comes up to me and says “hang please, please” (still repeats the please) so I was letting her hang a little then thought she would like the foam part of the handle so said “Here, grab the fuzzy.” Now that she did that, she now always says “hang please, please, fuzzy, please, please” and that was after only once saying fuzzy. She knows things, just chooses to share what she wants us to know that she knows. Smarty!!
We have also been letting Olivia occasionally sit with us at the table when we eat instead of having to sit in her highchair. She loves it, but still won’t sit still for long. We will keep trying, I look forward to booster seat days at restaurants instead of highchairs.
5 comments:
She's growing up so fast...
Ahh. Smart little Livi. She will be bossing you around before you know it. I think she already does in her own language--you are just lucky you don't understand her!
So fun when you know what she wants or what her little problems are. I hope from now on, you warm the fanny wipes!
g'ma
Where has Aunt Gail been???!!! I know she has been under the weather but can't believe she has had nothing to say in all this time!!
g'ma
Aunt Gail is still looking at the blog every day!!
Livi is just too cute for words!!
Aunt Gail always says the perfect thing.
g'ma
Post a Comment