Monday, March 14, 2011

Sand and Water box

IMAG0355Since the temperature is getting warmer, it is time to bring out the sand and water table.  We brought it out on Sunday and she played with it a little bit, and I let her play with it again tonight.  The problem is that once she is outside, she doesn’t really care about the table, but wants to explore more.  She always wants to go see the next door doggies or play in the grass.  I can’t really blame her, but on a weeknight when it is 20 minutes until bedtime I don’t want her running all over the yard.  Since she is two, we get to see the defiant side of her.  She kept saying “I see doggies” and I kept having to say “no.”  There were many attempts to see the doggies, but all failed.  There was the walk slowly and then lean around the corner hoping I don’t say anything method.  There was the walk real fast method.  There was the wander like she accidently went past the deck threshold method.  And finally the beg beg beg method.  All are hard to say no to, but I had to tonight.  Poor Lee, she was not too happy this evening!!

Look at those eyes, this is just as she got the idea to try for the doggies again.  You can see her working her method out in her mind as she starts heading that way.  This is the last picture before I started the video.

IMAG0356

6 comments:

Sheri Pequeno said...

One good thing about Livi - she never gives up! So cute. Oh and I love her shirt - I want one like that!

Aunt Gail said...

Oh...she is so conflicted when she is trying to get around the corner to see the doggies! Do I keep going and get taken inside...or, do I just give in and play with the sand???? The lure of the "out of sight doggies" is just so strong!!
So cute!

Gerhard said...

Gail, there was one time that she got to the corner and then leaned her body so that her legs stayed in sight, but her head and upper torso were around the corner. If she were made of rubber she would stretch to see the dogs and leave her legs behind at the sand.

Aunt Gail said...

Is there a reason why she can't go see the dogs in question?

Gerhard said...

Because I am a mean dad! And she was in socks, 10 minutes before bedtime and we had just had some rain so there was mud over by the dogs. Normally she gets to see them but that night it just wasn't an option for poor Lee.

Grandma! said...

If G'ma was there, "NO" would not be in the vocabulary. Only "yes, Olivia" Whatever you want!