Early Hours:
It was not a good night for Olivia, she shrieked a few time during the night, waking us both up. I was extremely tired yesterday morning because of this, however she at least slept in until 8:00 for me. I got up as usual, changed her, fed her and let the dogs out. Brooke and I had brought all the presents out into the living room on Christmas eve after Livi had gone to sleep. I knew that she would love seeing all the gifts when she got up because it was something new. I was right, as soon as she turned the corner around the couches she got her "confused smile" on. She crinkled her nose and let out her "ahhhhhhhh" sound at the gifts, then started to touch everything.

She walked around grabbing small packages and didn't know where to go next. She finally found her stocking that Grandma and Grandpa sent and started pulling stuff out of it.
But she REALLY loved the trash and wrapping paper of course. We had a hard time trying to keep her out of it. Who would have thought it would be so much work Christmas morning.
Next came my "special" gift from Aunt Gail. Why must I always be tortured on Christmas!!
After Brooke and I opened presents from each other, we had breakfast. We were getting short on time and our new house guest for the weekend showed up. We had agreed to watch our neighbor's new baby chihuahua for a few days while they went out of town. I guess we can suffer through this!!
Next we headed down to Columbia to spend the afternoon with the family. It was a pretty rainy and slow drive but we made it safe and sound. Izzy slept most of the way and is a good traveler. We started out opening a few of Olivia's gifts but she grew tired so we fed her and then put her down for a nap so the adults could open presents.



After eating, we headed home to open presents from my parents..........
(to be continued..)
1 comment:
: )
Post a Comment