Sunday was the day we went to get a Christmas Tree. We went to the same place we went last year. This year we took Olivia (last year she was at Mima's for the weekend.) We bundled Olivia up and headed to the tree place. After looking for a short time, Brooke found a good tree. It went a lot faster this year than last year for some reason. Olivia had fun exploring the trees and blank staring at the people that ran the place. They tried to talk to her but she put on her shy face and just stared at them. If I didn't know Olivia, I would be a little creeped out by having this small person just stare blankly at me.The tree place delivers, so they followed us to our house and dropped off the tree, then I put the stand on it while it was lying in the driveway and Olivia explored all the fallen leaves and had fun playing with the driveway lights. After the stand was on I carried the tree around to the Sun room and set it up. Decorating comes next weekend.
Olivia has been doing much better at not throwing her cup. If you remember I said that she liked to sit in her high chair and take a sip, then throw the cup off her right side. She could throw it
pretty far actually. Sometimes she would throw it over her shoulder and hit the wall. We started catching her arm and say NO and maneuvering it back to the little cup holder spot on the highchair and have her drop the cup there, then we would clap and cheer. We didn't really know if it was getting through to her or not until Sunday morning when I gave her her food and walked away for a minute. I saw her grab her cup and take a sip, then she lowered it to her cup holder, put it down, smiled and clapped. It was so cute. So I cheered right along with her. She kept doing it. She would take a drink, put the cup down, then clap. Wow, she really can learn stuff, and here I thought she was just put on this planet to defy me. She has also been getting good at following simple commands. We tell her to get her fish and she goes and gets it, then we tell her to put it in the tank, and she puts it in, then of course, she claps, which we do as well. That is her new thing, putting thing inside other things. When we brought the Christmas tree stand down, Brooke had given her her Pepsi bottle to play with. As soon as I put the stand on the ground, she came over and put the Pepsi bottle in the stand, smiled, did her little laugh and then clapped. Now if I could just teach her what poop goes in all will be good!!
3 comments:
Clap..clap..clap..clap...she is so cute and so smart and just adorable! Sounds like a fun weekend!
: )
You are too funny! And she is too cute and so smart! And she will learn where the other stuff goes in good time! She does not want to let you off the hook too soon.
g'ma
Post a Comment