Sunday, June 27, 2010

New Toy

Olivia got a new toy this week.  It is a sand/water table.  Half the table is filled with sand (in our case for the moment it is rice) and the other half has water.  She prefers the rice side for now, but only because she likes tasting the rice.  We need to get to Home Depot or somewhere where they sell sand and fill it up with that soon before she fills up on rice!!
I have also not mentioned (or maybe I have) that at Young World she has graduated from the highchair to sitting at the table with all the big kids.  She now arrives in the morning and goes to the table and gets set in a chair and eats her toast like a little girl.  We don’t do this at home yet but need to start working on it here as well.

LiviSandbox2
 LiviSandbox1

3 comments:

Auntie Stephie said...

Super cute...I love how she tries to convince herself that the rice is good by saying mmmmmm....I would soooo not do well with this toy...the water in the rice...the rice on the floor....ahhhh

Aunt Gail said...

Hurry and get the sand....I can see the mice lining up to take up residence under your deck this winter....mmmmm free rice!

g'ma g'pa said...

Love those little expressions of surpise and joy! What a great table. Get some sand so she can practice and be ready for the beach!
g'ma