Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Morning After

Well, Halloween was a bust. All three of us were too sick to do anything. My cold got much worse as the day went on, even ran a 101 fever for a while. I also had a hard night, but as of this morning, I feel pretty good. Owe that to part medications, but I also think I may be starting to get over this crap. As for Olivia, I was a little worried when I went in to get her this morning. I opened the door and she was standing with her head resting against the crib rail as though she was exhausted. When I picked her up though, I saw both of those beautiful blue eyes looking at me. Neither was crusted shut like the other mornings. I brought her out and gave her all of her medications which she HATES now. It is like we are murdering her. But after I got all the meds in her and brought her out to eat, she was almost her normal self. Still very congested, but running around playing with all her toys and talking up a storm. There are sneezes every 10 minutes or so, but our Livi is back. We will keep up with all her meds, especially the Tamiflu and hope that she is 110% by her birthday party Saturday. I have not taken her temp yet today because that would send her over the edge, but she does not feel at all like a hot-potato that she has normally been feeling like the past few days. We are approaching nap time, I hope she can get some more good sleep!!

Here is a picture of all her Meds, well organized as you know Brooke would do


Below is a video of Olivia yesterday. I figure if I share the good times, I might as well share the bad. Video not for the faint of heart!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This video KILLS US...... such a sad mama :(
Uncle John & Auntie Steph

The Meltzers and Scupps said...

Poor thing!! We all wish we were close so we could help! Sending healing wishes from all of us!!

g'ma g'pa said...

"Not for the faint of heart" I should have heeded the warning. My heart broke watching her but what a trooper. She still WAVED and CLAPPED her little hands!
Such a love.
Hope you and Brooke get over this quickly too. Glad you are feeling better, G.
g'ma

JSjohnson said...

I'm SOOO happy Olivia is getting better:) Talk to you soon.

Damn day care!

J