Saturday, September 19, 2009

Get The Point?

First, I forgot to mention that Monday was the last day Olivia had her Zantac. She is (for now) officially off of that. She was taking it twice a day since she was about a month old, and I should mention that both Brooke and I have tried a small taste of it and can't imagine how she dealt with drinking it with a smile every day. We hope that she can handle being with out it.
Olivia just yesterday discovered pointing, and I discovered what happens when you reinforce a behavior. While sitting on the floor, Olivia pointed up at a picture on our wall, so I said "You want the picture?" then picked her up and let her touch it. Then I put her back down. She then again pointed at the picture, so I obliged her again. After that it was all over. She must have given herself whiplash by turning her head so fast and pointing at everything she could. It became a game, point at what I want to touch and daddy will bring me to it. She loved it. And just to show that babies don't forget anything after going to sleep, first thing this morning after I had just picked her up from her crib, the pointing in her bedroom began. Actually, I think she just pointed to point but I followed her finger and it was more like "hot, hot, colder, colder" because the finger kind of moved and guided me. We ended up at the colorful border she has along her wall. She liked the alligator on it.
Today we will see where her pointing leads her.

2 comments:

g'ma g'pa said...

Guess you figured out the "point" in all of that!
g/ma

Aunt Gail said...

"Daddy walk around"?
Uncle Merle loved hearing that the tradition of "Papa walk around" that he did with Ryan has continued.