I think I have reached the point now in Livi’s life (short life so far that is) where I am no longer able to just be me. Sure, I can still keep the silly side, I can still dress the same, my music choices may need to be slightly adjusted (unless I have in earbuds of course) but the days of smacking Zoe on the butt, although lightly, and telling her to move when she is being annoying, or the days of saying (well, in reality, yelling) “SHUT UP” to the dogs when I accidently bump my hand into the table and it makes a sound like someone is knocking on the door thus sending them into a 5 minute bark fest, or even throwing a towel at Chili to get him to come out from under the table when it is time to go outside, are over. I realized this when I was playing with Olivia in the hall. She would run away down the hall to the end and I would crawl after her then do something silly like tickle her or flip her upside down. On one of my crawls toward her, she wanted to get out of the hall and proceeded to push me and say “Go, Go, Go” (A move I am famous for when all three dogs are standing at my feet and I need to get from point A to point B.) I will send out a flurry of “Go’s” to them and use a pushing motion with my hand. Little did I know that even at the delicate age of 16 months, I was already teaching Olivia how to behave. I was hoping that maybe I was reading too much into Olivia’s slurred “Go” aimed at me and maybe I was just projecting that onto her, until the same thing happened to Brooke. So it is official, Olivia has learned how to get someone out of her way in the rudest way imaginable by direct example of me. Hey, after all, if it works for Daddy, that must be the way it is done.
So now I must make it my goal to sit amidst barking dogs and say “Please be quite” or just quietly remove them from the area, I must say “Excuse me please” when the dogs are in my way and I am carrying dinner, I must wait for Chili to decide whether or not he wants to go out now and wait for him to come out from under the table. In other words, I must be polite 24/7. I must actually become an adult. BLAH. Either that or wait until Olivia’s head is turned then do what I need to do MY WAY!! After all, Olivia already knows that maneuver. Just wait until our heads are turned, get very quiet, and get into mischief. Classic Livi. Ah, what am I saying, she doesn’t even wait for our heads to be turned. Thank you kindly for taking time to read this post, and have a very nice day. (blick)
3 comments:
It's so true, they are little sponges!
Welcome to the "real" world of parenting! Have fun with it and see what you can teach Livi to do....by example. We will all look forward to those upcoming posts!!
I loved your sign-off...Blick. :)
By the way...you can always blame bad behavior on the influence of "those vicious neighborhood kids"....remember??
LOL LOL LOL...Lovin' it!
g'ma
Post a Comment