Friday, March 19, 2010

The Allure of Wine

O: Wait, what, hold up, hey, Mommy, what’s in that glass?

DSC_3125

 

 

B: You mean this glass?
O: Oooooooo, it is so sparkly!  Yes, that glass.

DSC_3129

 

 

B: It is called white wine.  Adults drink it.  It is not for kids.
O: …………So, ahhhhhhh, how about just a small taste then?

DSC_3123

 

 

B: No, I don’t think you will like it, plus you are underage and I don’t want to start any bad habits. 
O: Ah, come on Mom, you know you want to give me some, it’s no big deal, look at this face, how can you resist?

DSC_3122

 

 

B: Ok, but just a small amount, you act crazy enough without alcohol.
O: Oh boy oh boy!!  I am not even 2 and I get to try an adult beverage!  I can hardly contain myself.  This will be more fun than those beer bottle and stripper pole pictures back on the 4th of July!

DSC_3127

 

 

B: Ok, I am going to put a little on my finger for you just so you can get a small taste.  Remember, you probably won’t like it.  And no, Chili can’t lick your lips afterwards to taste it also.

DSC_3128

 

 

 

O: Yea yea, whatever, I can already taste it.  The anticipation is too great, it looks so yummy and refreshing.  Hurry up with that finger!! Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!

DSC_3126

 

 

 

O: Ummmmmmm, ok, never mind.  That was NOT the taste I was going for.  You drank a full glass of that?  Blick!  Can I get a milk cup and a Mum-mum please!!!  You adults have some messed up tastes.DSC_3121

7 comments:

Auntie Stephie said...

Funny!

Aunt Gail said...

"Stay the course" Livi! That stuff is bad for you!

g'ma g'pa said...

Well done (blog), G. It is a taste that is as bad as the face she made after having it! The pictures are precious.
G'ma

g'ma g'pa said...

What is a "mum-mum"?
g'ma

Mommy said...

A mum mum is a little rice husk cookie thing for babies that looks like a cuttle bone that you would give to a bird.

g'ma g'pa said...

Ah. Thank you. I used to give Billy boy and Singer cuttle bones. Now I know what you are talking about.
G'ma

Gerhard said...

Billy Boy and Singer were our Parakeet and Canary for those wondering.