Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Belts and Beach Balls

The Scenario: Olivia doing something very cute and funny.

The Problem: How to share this cute situation with family and friends.

The Solution: Digital Video Camera...

The Problem: Digital Video Camera.... (well, Olivia's awareness of it)

Why is it that ANY time Brooke says "Get the camera" what ever Olivia was doing will end abruptly after the camera focuses. This could be after I watch for 5 minutes, then decide, "Yes, I will get a picture of this" or even after 15 seconds of me jumping up and grabbing the camera. The result is the same. The fun stops. Not necessarily because she (or even the dogs) see I have the camera, but just the actual presence of the camera on the situation. It happens time and time again.

I took two videos today of Olivia. The first is her playing with my belt. I laid it on the floor while I got dressed to keep her from crying (she was getting very tired.) I took 6+ minutes of video, but in order to spare everyone the time, I sped it up to under 2 minutes. Results are the same, watch her discover a bendy type of object that she has never come in contact with before. She was fascinated. Plus it is kind of fun to see her at 400X speed.


The second video is us playing with Olivia with her beach ball. All the real fun happened before I said "I need to record this." I would bounce it off of her head and say "BOOM" real loud and she would just crack up laughing and LOVED it. Of course, after the camera came out is was the typical blank stare. It is like she knows.



Enjoy.

Last but not least, she took 3 actual steps today. I would call that officially a "walk." She just needs to get better with that left leg, but they were three certified steps. Certified by Mom and Dad yes, but certified none the less.

2 comments:

Aunt Gail said...

How funny...the video with the belt looks like she is wrestling a snake! Maybe she will be another wildlife hunter like Steve Irwin??
Mother of God...Look at the tail!!!

Brooke said...

Bahahahahahah!