Friday, August 21, 2009

Theory Of Mind

No, I had no idea what this post title meant either before I met Dr. Brooke. I learned that phrase last year sometime when she was talking to her students at a department get-together. It encapsulates many developmental milestones, but among them is that ability to look in the direction of where someone is pointing, as opposed to just looking at the hand. I have found that Olivia is now doing that. I will roll a ball, and point to it. She will usually look at where I am pointing now as opposed to just at my finger. It is pretty cool (well, yes, cool if you are the parent, probably just blah blah if you aren't. Hey, at least I recognize!)
There are a lot of new faces she makes that I need to capture on the camera as well. We have a new "ugly" face. very crinkled nose and evil eyes. However she still is the cutest thing around. And it is not just Brooke and I thinking that. Olivia is pretty smitten with her reflection as well.....

1 comment:

g'ma g'pa said...

Great shot of her face in the mirror. It looks like she is looking back up at you through it.
G'ma