Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First Day of Day Care

Today was Olivia's first day at daycare. While Olivia was asleep in her crib w/o a worry in the world, all I did was have strange anxiety daycare dreams. Needless to say, I didn't sleep too well.
The morning started off as normal, I gave Olivia her bottle, she pretty much rejected it then ran around playing with everything. Brooke got up and dressed her, did some pre-work work, before heading out with Olivia to Young World. I left for work myself while Brooke dropped Olivia off. The plan was that Young World would call me if Livi was too uncomfortable or got real cranky and I would go pick her up and bring her home until Brooke got off work. But the call never came. Brooke called and checked with them around 2:00 to see how everything was and they said that she was perfect. No problems at all, in fact they said that if all kid's first days were this good they would watch 100 kids at a time. (They were probably just making us feel better, but I would like to think that she really was that comfortable there.)
Brooke ended up having a meeting later than normal so I left to get Olivia so she wouldn't have to have her first day a LONG one. When I got there I peeked in the window and Olivia was busy kicking around a big bouncy ball. I walked in the room and she looked up at me, walked all the way across the room, got to my feet, looked up and put her hands up in the "pick me up daddy" motion. It was great. I guess she does know who I am ;-)
The lady said the she didn't want to have her second bottle, showed no interest, and didn't really want to nap either (who can blame her.) I think as she spends more time there she will get used to the napping in public. All in all it was a great first day, harder on Mommy and Daddy than her, but that is to be expected.
After Olivia got home, she drank a FULL bottle and went right into a nap. She was a tired tired girl. She is not used to running around that much. After she woke up we gave her a preview of her Halloween gift from my Aunt Gail. Since she loves her gummy worms so much, looks like she is going to really enjoy a big fat gummy centipede. I will be right here with her to help her eat what she can't finish. Or maybe I will save her the sugar rush and just take care of the whole thing myself?? Na, I will at least let her have an antenna.


2 comments:

g'ma g'pa said...

WOW! That looks gummi good! I bet she can handle that entire "thing" by herself. Better watch out, Daddy. You won't get much of it.
So glad the first day went so well! She is a trooper.

Aunt Gail said...

Livi...eat quickly!!! If you are going to survive in a "sugary" world with your Dad, you must sharpen your instincts and develop fast reflexes!