Thursday, October 29, 2009

Immunities

**Updated 5:40: Brooke and I snuck in to get her temperature, and it was down in the 90's, and she woke up from it (we did it under the arm.) She woke up all smiles and excited. We brought her out to the living room and it is the old Livi, though congested. She is happy, clapping, playing, and just finished eating baby food and meat sticks. She sneezed mid food and it went everywhere, what a mess. Either way, no fever and high spirits. So far so good. We will see what tonight and tomorrow holds.

**Updated 4:30: Doctors gave her a flu test but seem to be pretty sure she has the flu. That does not mean she does, but they will let us know tomorrow. Brooke picked up a Tamaflu prescription and we are supposed to give it to her tomorrow morning if symptoms remain or worsen. We are fighting to keep the fever down at the moment.

**Updated 1:30: Young World called me and said that she still has a fever but thinks her thermometer must be broken because Olivia has been playing non-stop and doesn't show any signs of feeling bad. She said that any other kid would be wanting to be held or would be sitting in the corner alone. Little Livi is always a trooper. I told her to call me if the fever gets any worse or if she starts getting needy and I would come get her.
**********************************************************
Olivia usually wakes up at 7:30 on the dot, but this morning 8:00 rolled around and she was still laying there. Brooke turned up the volume on the video monitor and we heard her doing her "singing" while she was laying there. Since it was getting late I went in to get her up so she could get dressed, eat and get to daycare. When I got in the room, she didn't sit up, even with Lu jumping and making all her normal noise, so I pat her back and picked her up. I could see that her nose was running. She was also making wimpy noises. As soon as I got her upright she started coughing. Poor Livi got sick already. She was defiantly not feeling good, so we gave her some Tylenol, fed her and I had to leave to get to work so Brooke brought her to Young World. Young World called me around 12:00 to double check when she last had Tylenol, and to tell me that her temp was going up again. I told them that it would be ok now for her to get some more, and told them to call me if she gets a higher fever or gets a lot worse. Not a good Livi day so far, and just in time for Halloween :-( Mima wants to take her tonight and I hate that she will be sick for them if she does go. I will leave that to Brooke and Mima. But even though she is sick, she is still doing her puny pointing when you carry her around. Nothing stops her from letting us know what she wants.

2 comments:

Aunt Gail said...

Poor thing...poor, poor thing!

g'ma g'pa said...

OOHHH! POOOR BABY! Wish I could hold her and rock her. She has to get well for her b'day next week!
g'ma