Friday, October 30, 2009

Reap what we Sow

**Updated 8:00PM: We decided since she still had a 101 fever to go ahead and start on Tamiflu to be safe. We are pretty lucky that we even have any as alot of the country is out of the baby formula of this. However, along with her cold (or flu) she has pink eye. We have medication left over from when she was 1 month old so we can use that. We also believe that her ear infection is starting to develop. So here is what she is on: Tamiflu, pink eye med, decongestant, child Tylenol, and her daily Zantac. Can she TAKE any more meds??? I went out and splurged on a 1 second ear thermometer. Doing it under her arm was hard and in her mouth impossible (didn't even consider the third option!!) So now we feel comfortable that we are getting accurate readings.

**Update 11:30: The doctor's office called and said the flu swab came back negative. The only tricky part about that is that a positive is a positive, but a negative 50% of the time can be wrong. We are going to hold off on the Tamiflu for now and see how the rest of the day goes, mainly because of the side effects that the medication can cause. So far she is still puny but temp is holding and she still seems like she just has a cold.

Well, the first day that I went in to see daycare I looked around at all the crusty little noses of the kids, then looked at my beautiful Livi and said, "Why do all the kids have runny noses and messed up hair? I don't want Olivia running around with snot-nosed kids.." Brooke said that is just how kids get. But I was used to a perfectly groomed, clean nosed Olivia, I was spoiled because Brooke is soooo good at keeping her in order.
Well, after getting Olivia up this morning, seeing her crusty nose, and crusty pajamas, and hair that felt like it had hair gel in it, and saw what her sheets looked like after having a runny nose all night, I realized she is a kid too. Ugh, it was disgusting.
But aside from that, her temp is 99 this morning and she is doing OK. Not 100% by far, but we still get smiles out of her now and then, and she ate a good amount as well. She is very needy right now and wants to be held all the time. It is kind of nice. Hopefully she will be well enough to at least wear her costume and go to the Fall Festival in downtown Clinton tomorrow night. We have had this costume ready for too long. We will just keep her away from the other kids.

6 comments:

Sheri Pequeno said...

Yey! There's still a chance that G, uh I mean Livi, will get a good stash of Halloween candy! Glad she's doing better.

Aunt Gail said...

Glad Livi is improving! Ryan was home from school for 2 days with a 102 temp...but it was very quickly over and he is fine again. Yey! Trick-or-Treat candy, here we come!!! Hope for the same for the Spatta family!!! (Is the centepede still waiting to be eaten?)

Gerhard said...

Centepede doesn't have much time left, but he is intact.

Anonymous said...

Glad she will be getting to go trick-or-treating tomorrow night. Will hope she doesn't relapse.
She will be the cutest little pumpkin out there!
g'ma

g'ma g'pa said...

OOOPS! G'ma is anonymous. I need another lesson from A. Gail!
g'ma

g'ma g'pa said...

I know how hard it must be for you and Brooke when she is so sick. You feel you just cannot do enough for her.
She might have to do her trick-or-treating next week! She will be so cute, no one will mind her being late!
g'ma'